Monday, December 21, 2009

Renovation on my BH

After few round of discussion with my friend, I decided to do the last major renovation for my BH. Below picture is my current BH. The problem is the roving area is very small, only 6.5x10 feet. My consultant feel that the roving area is not necessary. After checking the CCD camera, a lot of birds do not dare to fly in.


To solve the problem, we agreed to hack the wall at the roving area and make the size increase to 12x10 feet. With the bigger roving area, the birds will have more room to maneuver and hopefully will venture inside the nesting area.


Wish me good luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Brother!
    Why let bird have a u turn then only reach your nesting area?
    Why don't L or staright go into your nesting area?
    Why don't you open another side of your roof?
    this is my question...hope you can teach me...and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initially the design is "U"-turn. After Open the new entrance, the birds can fly in "L" direction. But the small roving area still make the birds hesitate to fly in. I believe once the wall is hack, the roving area is bigger and more birds will fly in.

    If I open another side of the roof, I need to make sure the floor below the roof need to be water proof. That would be more work

    ReplyDelete
  3. previously for abt 1.5 years, my BH's entrance demanded the birds to make a sharp top down U-turn & then another L turn .. sigh, i definitely knew nothing to allow such a CONtractor to make me such entrance abt 2 years ago. my result was 15 nests after 1.5years.

    now, changed, only needs L-turn. growing better.

    ReplyDelete