Remembered I mentioned about the mysterious BH that has > 20 nests in just 4 months? I have no chanced to take a look personally what so special in the BH, but my friend took a lot of photo and showed it to me.
In this article, I will cover all about the Tweeters that use in the BH.
We know birds like song from the tweeters. They normally start making their nests near or at the tweeters. Because of this behavior, there is command perception that the more the tweeters the merrier.
Below are what I found out about the tweeters of the BH:-
1. Number of tweeters/floor - < 50pcs
2. Tweeter type - Piezo
3. Tweeter Quality - Good
4. With Capacitor - 4.7uF connector in series.
5. Tweeter arrangement - All facing entrance
6. Cluster -No cluster.
The results are, all the nests built near or at the tweeters.
I was very surprise to see the tweeters setup and the results that he got. My question is, does the number of tweeters help to improve the nests quantity or the quality of the tweeters? I urge those are reading this article, please write down your personnel experience about the Tweeters Setup in the comment. Hopefully the comments are a lot and we can made some conclusion.
Anyway, I will try to breifly explain what is the use of capacitor on tweeters.
1. Function of capacitor - it act as a high pass filter which means it will block low freq components and let the high freq components pass through. Capacitor will attenuate the low freq at 6dB/Octave.
2. How to improve the sound quality - birds sound freq around 1KHz to 16KHz. With the right value of capacitor, the low freq components < 1KHz will be filtered off to give clear birds sound.
3. What value to use? - That depend on what type of tweeter you use. For Magnetic Tweeter, the nominal impendance is around 4ohm to 8 ohm. Assume 8ohm impendance is used and the cut-off freq is 900Hz, so you need to use around 22uF capacitor.
For Piezo tweeter, theoritically no cap is needed as piezo itself is capacitance in natural. It has around 0.12uF. If you refers to its impedance chart, the value from 100ohm at 20Hz to around 25ohm at 20KHz. That means it itself will block most of the low freq components. But if you insist to use capacitor, you can use 4.7uF to 10uF value.
4. What type of capacitor? - Use non polar, 100V capacitor.
5. How to connect? - Solder in series in positive terminal.
Last weekend I went back to Melaka and inspected my new BH myself. There are 3 nests already have baby inside. Total 7 nests and 8 markings.
Any idea what type of house the birds like to start their family?
1st pair of baby born in this house using fake nest. 2nd pair of baby birds born in the Pure Nests House... 3rd pairs of baby birds born in the fake nest make of Styrofoam. 3 families with 3 different houses....Birds are too choosy :)
This time I also installed a Super Bullet that I bought back from recent US trip (2 Bullet bazooka at the bottom). I will only start selling if the new tweeter proven good.