Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to Connect Tweeters to Amps

The are few people asked my how to connect the tweeters to Amp. I will explain based on my experience.

My old BH uses SS66 Amp (4 channels) to connect 100 tweeters with build in coil. The consultant connect 25 tweeters in parallel to each channel. The cable I think is < 30 cores, quite thin. What happen is, the tweeters that connected at the back say 20 above the sound start reducing and some no sound. So with that experience, I decided to do a proper wiring using the wire configuration below for my new BH.


I will try to connect up to max 15 tweeters in parallel and group them under 1 group. Each group will then connected in parallel at the Amplifier. For example, if I have 100 tweeters to be connected to 4 channels amp, then I can split them 25 tweeters for each Channel. For each Channel, I can further divided the tweeters into 2 groups and one group is 13 pcs and another group is 12 pcs. All the tweeters will be connected in parallel in each group. The 2 terminals for each group will then connected in parallel again at the Amplifier. By doing so, you can ensure all your tweeters will have enough power.

Oops....forgot to say I choose a thicker cable that I can fine. I used 44 cores cable.

Please make sure you do it right at the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. The wires to the tweeters are of same color in the photos of your earlier blog. How do you distinguish between blue and red as shown in your diagram above? Or is the color is irrelevant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red color is left channel and Black is right channel. You can imaging those wire connected with the Red color is left channel and connected with Black color as right channel.

    ReplyDelete