Monday, October 13, 2008

How to choose good Swiftlet Consultant

I think this is one of the biggest headaches for those beginners like me. How to choose good swiftlet consultant .Knowing that the success rate for swiftlet farming is about 20%, so I choose to build my first BH with the help of consultant. Even thought I attended a few seminar and read few books, but there still a lot of details inform are not stated or mentioned in the book or seminar.

I have contacted a few consultant, and I based on the following criteria to access whether they are good or not.

  1. Popularity of the consultant - Writer of popular Swiftlet blog; Swiftlet Farming Seminar Organizer
  2. Character of the consultant - Willing to share FOC information; Fast response to your questions; Willing to come down to your site to check with min charges
  3. Track record and experience - Must be the owner for at least 3 BH; Must be helping > 10 people setup BH; Visit a few of their BH; Visit a few failed BH with them and see how they resolve the problem
  4. Cost and items use in the BH renovation - use of insulation material for roof and wall
    use of humidifier with sensor control; use of aroma that can expedite the Bird population
    ability to edit and create own bird sound; reasonable cost. Note this cost vary between 25K to 40K depend what quality of the items used.

I hope my consultant selection criteria do not fail me. Otherwise I will have a lot of hard time do FA job from the CONsultant. Ha...Ha....Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment