Sunday, March 15, 2009

No Water !!!!

Yesterday I went back to check my BH. As my last visit is only 3 weeks ago, so my initial intention is to check whether my Amp still operate properly and test out some of my new external sound. I will go into the BH to check during my next visit. To my surprise, I found out that some Jokers TURN-OFF my incoming water supply. My immediate reaction is "Ohhh...Shit...what happen to my BH without water". It was already 5pm which is not advisable to go in, but I still went in to check my BH condition WITHOUT WATER.

I found out that the humidifier was operating without water. So, it only blow air. The hygrostat sensor record around 75% humidity. That mean the humidifier has been operating without water from 10am to 9pm a day without water. I really worry the moving air and the humidifier noise will disturb the birds.

I took out my portable temperature and humidity meter to verify. The temp = 29.5degC and Humidity = 74%. Not so bad, consider the reading is taken at 5pm which normally the temp is highest and humidity is lowest. My BH passed the "No Water Test"....I will check again the temp and humidity from my data logger during my next visit.

Because is around 5pm, some of the birds was coming back, I did not have time to count the bird shits. I only did a quick check on the plank. I found 1 more nest has been built on the fake nest and the corner nest I reported earlier have been completed (full size). I did not bring my camera along this time. I promise to take some pictures during my next visit.

After this incident, I will buy a meter cover with lock to cover the water valve.

No comments:

Post a Comment