Sunday, July 26, 2009

BH after 9 months

Only 23 nests after 9 months. Almost zero growth compared to last month. A bit disappointed, but it trigger me to find the real problem quickly and even make a major change if that is necessary.

During this visit, I repaired 2 of my 4 bazooka which were not working. I also found out that my internal SS66 Amp not enough power to drive 100 tweeters in my BH. This Amp has 2 Channels and each Channel has Left and Right Output. 25 tweeters are connected in parallel to each output. What I found out is that the tweeter that connected closer to the Amp has a biggest volume and the volume slowly going down and for the last few tweeters, no sound come out at all!! I don't think this is the root cause which causes my BH birds population stop increase, but this is definitely a problem need to be solved.

A more serious problem that I found in my BH is that, although my external sound is good, but the birds only fly around the hexagon tweeters and at my roving area. Most birds still "Shy" to go in to my BH. See the video clips below. I hope to find my answer in the coming Pak Hen Seminar.


Try this if you have problem to view the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeAOydUccC4

If you have any idea, please let me know. Thanks

2 comments:

  1. As per Harry blog, need to add addiional external sound in the inner part of the BH to attract the bird going into the house. Is there any external sound tweeter in your BH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I have 1 external tweeter at the middle of the BH and 1 external tweeter at the end of the BH.

    ReplyDelete