Sunday, August 1, 2010

Waterproof Cover for Mini Bazooka

A lot of people asked me whether the Mini Baz that I sell is it waterproof. Although is not stated in the spec, I think not because those people in US use the bullet tweeter for their music system in their house, not birds.

Those questions trigger me to think how to provide a waterproof feature for the mini Baz. The quick solution is to use a metal sheet to place on top of mini Baz like a roof. This is easy to implement as the horn has 4 holes at the front. You can drill 2 holes at the metal sheet and use cable tie to fix the metal sheel to horn easily.

Another method is to use a cloth that is water proof but is thin enough to let the sound out without any attenuation. I think I have found this material from a disposable cloth. Below is the close look of the material. There is a lot of small hole but is small enough to prevent the water molecule to fall through.

This material is also thin enough and when I cover on a blue chair, I can still easily see the color of the chair even though the cloth is black color.


Finally, I did a simple experiment. I poured a red water on a bowl that covered by the cloth. I let the Red water stay on top for around 10 sec. When I removed the cloth, I cannot see single Red Water stain in the bowl. I am going to use the cloth to tailor made a cover with rubber band when I back to Melaka next week. Will take some photo when is done.

1 comment:

  1. actually u can drill 2-3 little holes abt diameter 3-5mm at the bottom part of the horn, depends on side can leak the water. the purpose is to let the water leak thru the holes when raining waters enter it. =) & the holes wont affect the quality of sounds.

    ReplyDelete