Friday, May 15, 2009

My BH Temp and Humidity Without WATER!!!

Above is my BH's Temp and Humidity Chart without water during one of the hottest month....April. From the chart, the temperature and humidity is quite stable initially. From 06-March onward, the humidity start fluctuating a lot and the temperature slowly move up. I believe the water tank was chocked around this time.

FYI, I used to turn on my ventilator 24 hours. At that time, I found out that my humidity drop a lot once I turn off my humidifier at 7pm. After analysized the humidity chart, I suspected that the ventilator blow the air out and no water vapor from the humidifier to replace the lost moisture which cause the humidity drop. To verified that, I off the ventilator from 7pm to 7am first. From the chart, the initial humidity is quite stable. This prove that the ventilator is the culprit that cause my humidity unstable. I will know what to do next to stabalise my humidity and temp.

7 comments:

  1. Just to share with you too. I don't know why my BH's temperature is still high, is it because of the weather or my micro environment ?
    30% of the vent holes are open, humidifiers are not switched on, extract fans are switched on for 5 minutes at interval of 1 hour, yet the temperature is 30C, humidity is 90%.Any idea ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KL,
    Thanks for sharing with me. With the 30% VH open and the extract fans are switched on, your humidity should drop. But interesting, your BH humidity is 90%, very high. If your Temp trend is like me whereby the temp start increase at 1pm and peak at 5pm. The high temp will remain until 12am. Then it should be due to the weather. If you can find out where is the highest temp in your BH, ie whether at the back of BH or entrance hole, then we can place humidifier at that side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to feedback from few consultants and I think it make sense, when you turn on ventilation, you need to know where the fresh air going to come in from. No point to suck in hot air in the atmosphere to replace the hot air in the BH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bob, I think that is a good advice. Come to think about it, my current ventilator is attached to the toilet door and the toilet is face West. So the air suck out from the toilet should be quite cool until 3pm onward when the sun start to shoot at the toilet wall. But my goal is to create a still air enviroment with around 28degC. So eventually, ventilator need to off. I haven't found the solution yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to get a temperature gun and a data logger to study further then.
    Thks everyone !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all,
    good to know that was a discussion here,
    I jz start studying on this matter (humidity & temp )

    May I know what is the different between ventilator & ventilation holes ?

    pls advice.
    Thanks

    -
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. ventilator is a fan that normally fix at the wall to extract the air out. you can find this easily at toilet and kitchen. For my case, I used to extract the air from outside to inside the BH. Ventilation holes just hole at BH usually created by PVC tube.

    ReplyDelete